Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Echoic Poet Jennifer Patino

Please Welcome Poet Jennifer Patino 



Poet's Bio
Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, Jennifer Patino has been writing poems and short stories since she was six years old. Her work has been featured in Enfuse Magazine, Garden Gnome Publications, and the March 2017 issue of FONT Magazine. When she isn't writing or editing, she enjoys reading, watching all kinds of movies and making the occasional collage or painting. She now lives in Las Vegas with her artist husband.


Long Run 

“There is a surgery,” the
dewy eyed doctor suggests.
I look long-term though.
I'm a big-picture person.
I don't focus on
temporary fixes.
I want the long run.
And if the parts of me aren't
in it for the race,
the long haul,
the journey to oblivion
and back,
then so be it.
My spirit will drag the
ole parts around.
They'll take care of them,
the elder parts,
the rickety gears
that grind
like teeth
no matter how much it hurts.
“I'm good,” I reply.
I roll up my sleeve.
She nods a head
that has been repaired previously,
reattached with
old scrap notes
from before
the office went paperless.
We're all just machines
and we know it.