Sunday, March 5, 2017

Author Kat Green

Thanks Kat Green for being a part of Echoic Magazine March Issue!




Tell us something interesting about yourself.

That’s a hard question to answer as I don’t know. Friends say they think I’m a strong person and very loyal as a friend. If I know a friend needs help or support, I’ll move heaven and earth to make them smile again. I’m very determined when I set my mind on something and I don’t like being told I can’t do something. It makes me want to prove more to myself that I can do it.
I don’t know if that’s interesting but it’s one of my strengths or so I’m told.
I am scare of planes and crane flies and allergic to apples which is a pain as I love apples.

What does “being creative” mean to you?

Being Creative to me means doing what makes you happy. Being able to do what makes you proud and while doing it, you feel you are being your true self. Using your own ideas to make others happy but more importantly, making yourself complete.

What are your greatest sources of inspiration?

Music is always my inspiration.

Do you have any current or future projects?

Yes, I have 3 books in the works. All very early stages but I’m excited. One is another rock romance. I also have a horror/thriller in the works. The other one I’m not sure what it’s going to be. Ha ha

What is the relationship between your speaking voice and your written voice?

I think the two are very similar but my writing voice can be more open, I think. It’s the voice I give to my characters and each has a little bit of me added to their character. That is another thing I’ve been told.

What is the best advice you have for other authors?

Enjoy what you are writing. Don’t worry about what you think others want, it is your story and write it how you imagined it. Listen to your characters (that sounds a bit nuts) but sometimes I’ve written a dialogue because I think I’ll do something different and I can hear them in my head saying ‘No, I’m not doing that. Are you trying to ruin me? I’m not doing it’ Yes, I do sound insane, I’m not honest.


Who is your favorite author? And why?

I tend to read more based on stories not Authors, I like to try different things and I’ll go by the blurb of a book. However, I did go through a Dean Kootz stage a few years back. 

 Twiiter: @KatGreen00



No comments:

Post a Comment